If you had my love…
HUGE J.Lo fan, and I found an outfit in the 8/25 Saturday Sale that definitely gave me “If You Had My Love” vibes! One of my favorite songs by her.
Since this came out in 1999 (oh the nostalgia…) I’m giving you…
9 TIPS FOR SECOND LIFE DATING!
#9. Don’t do it for the gram… or SLFB!
– Although it’s tempting and couples pics are so cute, you’re dealing with real people with real feelings behind the avi!
#8. Phone a Friend
– It’s good to have people around you that you can trust… a family or good friends that may be able to see the person of interest without colored glasses.
#7. Dates are still important!
– For some people, they are comfortable with just keeping to themselves and staying on their platform with their manz… but that’s not me! I want the full immersive experience and that includes grand gestures. Fly me to the restaurant in a helicopter and have it filled with roses. That’s my style.
#6. Keep an Open Mind
– Second Life is a place where we can be whoever we want to be. With that being said, there are so many different and diverse avatars out there, but they are still people BTA (behind the avatar). Just because they don’t look like you, doesn’t mean they aren’t still great people.
#5. … But ALWAYS Verify!
– Keeping an open mind is great if that’s what you’re looking for… However not everyone on SL has the best inentions. Hurt people hurt people, and sometimes that’s all that people are out to do. If someone tells you something and it sounds believable, great… but if you’re ever unsure, go with your gut and verify. ESPECIALLY if there’s money or Lindens involved!
#4. Getting to Know You
– It’s also really important to take the time to really get to know someone. We’re not face to face, so we can’t pick up on little quirky things that the person of interest might do, but you can ask those kinds of questions… take the time to get to know people for who they are.
– Speaking of time… A full day in Second Life is 4 hours, so don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t be in love in one day… techinically in Second Life, that’s 6! Don’t let others tell you what’s wrong or right for your relationship! That’s between you and your partner, and you make your own rules!
#2. Set Boundaries
– Be clear with what you’re looking for from the beginning. It can be an awkward conversation, but it’s important to have in the beginning so that clear expectations are set.
– Communication is probably the most important aspect of any relationship, RL or SL. Remember to keep open and honest communication at the forefront of any relationship you’re building, and you will build lasting friendships!
At the bottom of each page, you can click the “+” button for all my social media links and ways to contact me. I welcome new friends and new ideas for my blog!
Thanks for reading!